Breathing and meditation
Try this with me…
1. Take a deep breath in (all the way in),
2. Then exhale all the way out (all the way out),
3. Repeat this 30 times.
4. On the 30th exhale, what I want you to do is, I want you to hold that out breath so that you don’t have any air in your lungs at all. Hold the air out as long as you feel comfortable to.
5. When you get the urge, take a very deep breath all the way in and hold. Hold the in breath out as long as you feel comfortable to.
6. When you release the breath, I want you to go straight back into the first technique repeating the entire sequence 3 times-
7. When you release the breath, I want you to start another technique called box breathing,
Take a deep breath all the way in and hold for four seconds,
8. Release the breath all the way out and hold for four seconds, continue for 4 minutes.
Following these 2 breathing techniques I want you to meditate, breath mindfully (Think about your breathing, now when your mind wanders, and it will wander, just bring your thought back to your breathing) for an extra 10 minutes or as long as you’d like to continue.
There are no rules, there is no right or wrong way of meditating, this is just what I have found most beneficial for myself.
Amazing things will start to happen, in your body and in your life.
For every person it’s different, so start meditating and breathing with intention.
Wishing you all the best, Shaun